Our Continuing Healthcare and IPA services aim to deliver the best possible experience of assessment, review and care planning for people with complex healthcare needs in a way that ensures CCGs are compliant, assured and offered value for money.
This comprehensive service for funding eligible individuals for healthcare placements, care and treatments is undertaken by NHS Continuing Healthcare and Individual Patient Activity teams across the CSU.
Ours is a clinically-led service with experienced clinical and commissioning staff who have significant experience delivering the national frameworks and requirements and in supporting patients and families through the assessment process and beyond. We also work closely with healthcare providers, local authorities and other partners to ensure patient safety and experience is at the centre of the process.
The services include:
- Mental health treatment or placements
- Complex healthcare for children
- Jointly funded packages of care with the local authority for adults and children
- The assessment and reviews for funding of NHS continuing healthcare or NHS funded nursing care
- Retrospective reviews and appeals of NHS continuing healthcare eligibility decisions
- Individual Funding Request (IFR) - requests for specific treatments which are not routinely commissioned/funded
- Personal health budgets - implementation of policies and procedures
- Complaints and PALs
The service delivers value to customers across three key areas of practice:
|Assess and review||Place||Assure|
We offer customers the chance to benefit from a programme-based approach across local health economies which may include multiple CCGs. This supports customers to work collaboratively to achieve economies of scale and ensure a consistent approach to delivery locally.
In addition, we can tailor our core service to include:
- Policy development
- Market development and management
- Personal health budgets
- Court of Protection/Deprivation of Liberties service
- Provider quality assurance