We are proud to have achieved the following accreditations and are currently working towards Level III Finance Skills Development and Future Focused Finance accreditation.
Finance Skills Development (FSD) Level I Accreditation (Awarded July 2014)
The aim of FSD Accreditation is to support and improve skills and organisational development through a competence-based peer assessment process.
The key objectives of the accreditation schemes are to:
- Confirm good development practice is established and maintained
- Encourage continuous development of the functions through increasingly higher standards, enabling departments to meet the challenges of the changing NHS agenda
- Celebrate the success of organisations who take development seriously, demonstrating continuous improvement of the capability and competence of the functions and the organisation as a whole
This is an excellent achievement which demonstrates continuous improvement and development of the finance function and recognises that we are a strong, well organised and proactive finance team.
From Left to Right: Members of the customer finance team Julie Hardman, Keeley Spencer, Laura Pomfret, Vanessa Cadman, and Paul Baumann
Finance Skills Development (FSD) Level II Accreditation – Towards Excellence (Awarded July 2016)
Building on the success of the Level I accreditation in 2014, the CSU Finance Team undertook a two year exercise to achieve Level II Accreditation requiring the provision of two lever arch files of evidence demonstrating the consistent achievement of 36 separate competencies. In addition the CSU undertook an Assessment Day where finance staff were selected to discuss their experience of working in finance, the opportunities they had received and the development undertaken.
Finally the CSU was required to attend the FSD Steering Group and give a presentation covering:
- CSU Commitment to FSD & Staff Development
- The Golden Thread between CSU Values & Behaviours to Staff Objectives
- Key Areas of Best Practice
- Individual Staff Stories –Emma Robinson & Beth Pidduck
- Future Developments
Eric Talbot and Jane Hicks, Statutory and Financial Accounting Lead Officers, with a representative from the Healthcare Finance Managers Association.
CIPFA Platinum Accredited Employer for Training & CPD from September 2015 to August 2018.
CIMA Training and Development Premier Partner Certificate from 26 March 2014 to 26 March 2017.
ACCA Approved Employer – Professional Development from 1 April 2014
ACCA Approved Employer – Trainee Development, Gold from 1 April 2014
AAT Accredited Employer committed to the training and development of Accounting Technicians from 1 March 2014 to 28 February 2017.