How can the Individual Funding Request (IFR) team help your business? We provide a full range of services, including a comprehensive IFR management and administration service, supporting CCGs to implement the Individual Funding Requests process in a consistent way.
- Education and training of all staff, including clinical leads, and includes sessions from an experienced consultant in IFR in addition to legal experts
- Provision and review of generic, collaborative IFR policies and ethical frameworks that have been agreed and approved by CCGs
- Full administration of the IFR process, including screening, full panels and appeal IFR panels
- Robust governance and quoracy for the panels, including medicines management expertise and engagement of CCG clinical leads and public health leads
- Communication of panel outcomes to GPs, clinicians and patients
- Managing queries from patients, clinicians and health service personnel/ managers
- Budgetary management for panel decisions e.g. management of budget approvals through the Oracle business intelligence systems
- Providing customised reports to CCGs regarding their activity and expenditure for IFRs
- Offering shared knowledge and learning across CCGs with regards to outcomes of panels/ appeals and judicial review
- IFR expertise – the IFR CSU team have previous expertise of managing six separate IFR teams within NHS commissioning
- Individual IFR case managers who are designated to specific CCGs, offering a personalised service and relationship with each specific CCG. This enables a progressive approach and problem solving at a local level.
What else do we do?
We are a focused team with experienced staff working collaboratively alongside senior managers, clinicians and patients.
We provide a range of other value and quality focused services:
- CCG clinical policy harmonisation – facilitate and project manage harmonisation of clinical policies with stakeholders
- Administer value for money within a range of policy approval areas e.g. managing patient transport requests while gaining competitive quotations
- Policy contractual issues – providing supporting information for contract variations/ negotiations
- Policy harmonisation – we provide the project management and clinical support to deliver harmonisation to reduce risk across organisations with inconsistent policies
- Provide a service to audit the use of contractual policies in trusts
- Development of business cases and services to support new individual or group clinical policies, ensuring evidence reviews, critical appraisal and national guidance are included.
Our promise to you and your business
- We are able to develop bespoke services that provide added value through our experience and development of services elsewhere
- We are focused on high quality, cost effectiveness and productivity to achieve the best outcomes for patients, clinicians and CCGs
- We are proactive and will work directly with you to respond to your changing needs
- We suggest areas that might result in greater efficiency savings and avoid wasted resource while improving services to both patients and clinicians
- We provide intelligent services that respond to customer needs.