How can Medicines Management and Optimisation help your business? We provide a full range of services to support medicines optimisation and commissioning of medicines-related services.
- Development and support for Medicines Committees (e.g. Area Prescribing Committees)
- Evidence-based formulary/medicines review
- We provide a suite of prescribing data services to support customers and front line clinicians, including the triangulation of prescribing, Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) and secondary care data
- Support with tools for prescribing budget setting at CCG and practice level
- Safety, investigations and medicines assurance support and implementation
- Provision of expert pharmaceutical advice to support the consideration of Individual Funding Requests
- Provision of non-medical prescribing governance support services to CCGs and NHS England area teams
- Delivery of measurable prescribing improvement for Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention (QIPP)
- Development and delivery of tools to influence prescribing e.g. clinical audits, detail aids, training and best use of clinical system software
- Medicines prescribing advice newsletters and management of clinical prescribing messages on GP clinical systems
- We provide professionally registered staff embedded in organisations and GP practices to implement prescribing support services locally, e.g. practice pharmacists, non-medical prescribersand pharmacy technicians
- Commissioning support for the management of community pharmacy services for councils and CCGs
- Development and implementation of Patient Group Directions
- We deliver statutory pharmaceutical needs analysis and management of services for city councils
- Management of systems for implementation of prior approval forms for high cost drugs
- Validation and scrutiny of non Payment by Results drug-related invoices and clinical policies
- Support with development of contract markers
- Expert pharmaceutical advice to Freedom of Information requests and MP queries relating to medicines
- We provide services to review the use of medicines in care homes and support clinical medication review with prescribers to improve the quality of care and CQC ratings
- Support for emergency response in relation to medicines, e.g. pandemic response.
Our promise to you and your business
- We're able to develop services that are bespoke to organisations and provide added value through our experience and development of services elsewhere
- We're focused on high quality and productivity to achieve the best patient outcomes
- We provide key account medicines leads to work directly with you to respond to your changing needs
- We provide intelligent services that respond to customer needs with a high level of knowledge on the changing impact of national policy.
- We're a patient-focused team with clinical staff working alongside senior managers, clinicians and patients
- We have many years' experience in medicines-related commissioning, medicines management and across a range of NHS sectors including hospital and community
- We have a network of clinical leads to bring the right skills in for our customers and deliver high quality services.