The Strategy Unit works with three main partners:
Strategy Unit alliance partner, NHS Greater Manchester Transformation Service
- The Greater Manchester Service Transformation Team (GMST) is a highly innovative NHS team consisting of more than 25 people delivering transformation support to a range of programmes, predominantly in Greater Manchester, including to the Greater Manchester devolution programme. The GMST team are moving to the same consultancy business model as the Strategy Unit during 2015.
- The alliance allows the two teams to combine a range of skills, experience and expertise that allow for some very productive synergy. They have strong shared values in their focus on enabling change that delivers patient and public benefit, their passion for excellence, their true expertise and their desire to help develop skills for the wider NHS.
- Whilst the alliance will evolve over time, there is one ambition that it holds right from the start, and that is to develop together an 'academy for strategic thinking and analysis ' , a place where the NHS can 'grow its own' strategic and analytical consultancy capability of the highest calibre.
- SPECIALIST SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE IN LARGE SCALE CHANGE PROGRAMME DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
Strategy Unit alliance partner, ICF International
- ICF is an international research consultancy that works across all areas of public policy – from health and social care to climate change and food security; from labour markets and education to migration and justice. ICF specialises in applied research and analysis and throughout the variety of this work, offers the same basic proposition: better use of evidence leads to better decisions - and better decisions lead to better outcomes.
- In the UK, ICF’s clients include: Department of Health, Skills for Health, Healthwatch, the Welsh Government, Public Health England, and charities such as Cancer Research UK, British Heart Foundation and the Health Foundation.
- The new strategic alliance between the Strategy Unit and ICF International is designed to enable both to extend their offer to existing and new clients. The Strategy Unit and ICF both have a consultancy offer based on real specialist expertise and huge experience. The Alliance brings these skills together and enables cross fertilisation of ideas, methods and perspectives from both health and care but also the many other sectors supported by ICF.
- SPECIALISTS IN COMPLEX EVALUATION, NEEDS ANALYSIS AND IMPACT ASSESSMENTS; INTERNATIONAL KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER ACROSS SECTORS
Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham
- The Strategy Unit also works in partnership with the Health Services Management Centre (HSMC) at the University of Birmingham. Most recently, we have collaborated on a national review of endoscopy capacity for Cancer Research UK; a review of mental health service options for Jersey; and an assessment of evaluation options for a series of community investment projects for Sandwell Council.
- ACADEMIC RIGOUR AND RESEARCH; RESEARCH; POLICY ADVISORY; EVALUATION; SPECIALIST CONSULTANCY
The Strategy Unit also works with a number of highly regarded Associates selected for their expertise and experience.